This year we want to constantly stay on top of making sure all of the students are successful in the classroom and their needs are being met. In grades 2-6, your child will be given screeners in the fall, winter and spring to measure their reading and math. The screener is titled, FAST. This year the students will be taking the aReading and aMath screener sin their classrooms using their iPads. In the past, I took the classes to the computer lab. I will be doing the early literacy screenings for kindergarten and first grade. Preschool will also take part in a screening called IGDI's. Mrs. Burke will be administering that screener. Your child's test results will be shared with you at fall conferences.
Keep checking your child's classroom website or notes that come home to alert you when they will be administering the screeners in their classrooms this school year.
These are suggestions for preparation for standardized tests, but they can also be helpful for preparing for any type of classroom assessment.
1. Make sure your child gets adequate rest the night before the tests.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast. We think better when we have a full stomach.
3. Speak positively about the test to your child and give them words of wisdom.
3. Take time to kindly reassure your child if they do their very best and take their time, you are confident they will succeed.
4. Make sure your child gets to school on time so they can get settled before the test starts.
5. Please try to schedule any appointments around your child's testing as much as possible.
641-985-2288 ext. 2012